BitRipper is a free DVD to AVI software utility allowing you to back-up your DVDs as AVI, MPEG or Divx files on the hard drive. You can use it for one-click ripping as good as for progressed modes. You can choose whether to use default configuration values or to manually set them. The tool provides you with settings necessary for concerning action. These settings include:
Video and audio codecs configuration
Video resolution and aspect ratio
Sound track language and sound value normalization
Variety of actions to be performed after the copying process is completed
Includes 3rd party decryption module for CSS protected DVDs
Drawbacks of BitRipper
As a free and simple solution for DVD Ripping, BitRipper has many drawbacks and sometimes it can not satisfy your advanced needs for DVD Ripping. We have listed several of them below:
1. Limited output file formats supported.
2. Does not support to output device preset profile format.
3. Lacks the basic editing functions for editing DVD disc.
4. Can’t make a lossless backup of DVD disc.
5. It is not stable and can easily crashe every time.
If you are looking for a more powerful DVD Ripping software that can fulfill all your advanced requirements for DVD Ripping, have a reference at the best alternatives DVD Ripping application we offered to you.
Best BitRipper Alternative on Windows
Top 1: Pavtube BDMagic
Main functions and features
1. It is a two-click method to work with both DVD and Blu-ray disc ripping.
2. A standalone to unlock copy & region protection from both Blu-ray & DVD disc without installing any third-party plug-ins.
3. Supports to make full disc copy from original Blu-ray/DVD disc with all the subtitle languages, audio tracks, menus and chapter information well preserved.
4. Main copy copy of Blu-ray & DVD disc without any extras to save as an intact M2TS or VOB file for directly playback on Blu-ray or DVD disc players.
5. Decode Blu-ray/DVD to H.265/HEVC MP4 or MKV format for preserving at best quality with small file size.
6. Output Blu-ray/DVD to various different file formats, device and program preset profile file formats.
7. Supports 2D to 3D conversion and enables you to create 3D movies from common 2D/3D Blu-ray/DVD disc into MP4/AVI/WMV/MOV/MKV with SBS, TAB and Anaglyph 3D effect.
8. Select your desired subtitles from original Blu-ray/DVD disc, enable forced subtitles when the actors are speaking a foreign language or add external SRT/ASS/SSA subtitles to the Blu-ray/DVD movies when there are not your wanted subtitles in your original Blu-ray/DVD disc movies.
9. Versatile editing functions to trim unwanted parts from your Blu-ray/DVD movies, crop Blu-ray/DVD to remove the black bars around the movies, change the output aspect ratio to make it compatible with the device display screen, merge separate Blu-ray/DVD video clips onto a single one, split a large movie file into small parts by file size, count or number, apply special color effect, add text/image/video watermark, remove audio in video or replace audio in video, etc.
Top 2: Pavtube ByteCopy
Pavtube ByteCopy includes all the functions listed above, however, it distinguishes itself from Pavtube BDMagic by owning the capability to output Blu-ray/DVD to lossless Multi-track MKV format with all your desired subtitle languages, audio tracks, menus and chapter information well preserved. Besides lossless MKV, you are also enabled to create multi-track MOV/MP4/AVI format which includes more than one audio streams to meet the requirements for media players or portable devices.
If you are looking for a full Blu-ray/DVD and video transcoding application that’s available with both Windows and Mac version, we would like to recommend you our all in one multimedia conversion tool called Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate to fix all your media entertainment problems.