Pavtube DVDAid provides the best solution to rip DVD and convert DVD to video and audio in popular file formats for many devices. Along with multiple practical bonus features like video editor, DVDAid is capable of improving your DVD movie experience without location or time limitations. It could backup DVD and convert DVD to various video and audio formats including MP4, MKV, MOV, AVI, WMV, MP3, AAC, etc to let you enjoy DVD movies on any mobile device like iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge, Kindle Fire HDX, PS3, PSP, Surface, and more. Surprisingly it adds H.265/HEVC as output video format in order to satisfy users who ask for high video quality.
Both standard and HD formats like MP4, AVI, MKV, WMV, M4V, MP3, M4A, WAV, etc. can be created out of source DVD movies with fast conversion speed.
With more than 200 video and audio types listed as output format, you could freely convert source DVD to watchable movies for your device, mobile phones, tablets based on iOS/Android/Windows, Game Consoles, and other media players.
Besides hundreds of video and audio output formats, DVDAid now allows users to convert DVD movies to H.265/HEVC MP4 so you would enjoy movies in better quality.
With powerful video editing features included, you could trim, crop, insert subtitles, add watermarks, adjust video effects, etc. to create your own movie for playback.
Set preferred audio track and subtitles from the source DVD video for the output movie and achieve better movie enjoyment.
You could adjust video codec, video display ratio, bitrate, frame rate and more presets to get great DVD experience at home or on the move.
Makes 1:1 copy of original DVD Disc without quality loss with all audio streams, subtitle tracks, extras, etc.
Directly copy DVD main movie content and leave out extras, commentary, etc.
Q: I am trying to backup my DVDs to hard drive. What format should I choose to maintain best quality?
A: You are suggested to try Full Disk Copy button. It enables you to back up the disc bit-to-bit with shortest time and flawless quality.
Q: A disk I was testing had over 100 files in the folder and it was a pain to just select the two files I wanted. Is there any way for me to uncheck all the files that are pre-selected?
A: Right-click on file list area to select “Check all” and “Uncheck all”.
Q: How to rip a DVD movie into one file instead of in chapters?
A: Check all the chapters of a DVD and then check the box of ‘Merge into one file’ before you start converting the movie.
Q: I have just downloaded the new update for the software, do I need to uninstall my older version prior installing the new one or I just install the new application on top of the old one. Please advice.
A: You are encouraged to uninstall the older version in the first place. However, you might also install the new update on top of the older version.
Q: Is it possible for me to select certain segment of my DVD for ripping?
A: Sure. Select the chapter you would like to trim, click ‘Edit’ button, switch to ‘Trim’ tab. And then you can cut the clip at any length.
Q: I have purchased the software but it won't take the code I have. What should I do?
A: Please remove the trial version and then download the retail version from your registration download link. Install the retail version, copy and paste your registration code to the register field. Notice that you should not leave any space before the code.
Q: How can I set the output file name?
A: Please find the column named ‘Destination File’ on file list. Double click the output name and then you can type in desired output file name.
Q: I’d like to eliminate black bars (edges) from the movie, what should I do?
A: Click ‘Edit’ button to enter into the edit panel and switch to the Crop tab, then just drag the dashed frame on the video screen of the original preview window to cut off the unwanted parts to get the right aspect ratio you need.
Q: My widescreen movies (16x9) aren't staying widescreen after conversion. I don't want the video to be stretched and made taller. What can I do?
A: Simply click ‘Settings’ button and set the Video Size to 16*9 aspect ratio before converting the movie.
Q: I am trying to capture a still picture from a video clip to use as a song background. Is it possible?
A: Yes. You can double-click the file and preview it with the app, under the preview window there is a ‘Snapshoot’ button. Click the button when it plays to the frame you would like to capture. And you can locate the thumbnails by clicking the ‘Open’ button next to ‘Snapshoot’ button.
1. New version: v220.127.116.11 (12.20 2016 )
2. Support newest NVIDIA CUDA & AMD APP technology to accelerate video encoding/decoding by both H.264 and H.265/HEVC codec.
Note: H.265 CUDA depends on whether your computer is geared up with H.265 encoding capable graphics card. Please refer to the document on official website of nvidia:
3. Further added support for latest Blu-ray MKB v62
4. Improved handling for location seeking issues on BD and some VOB files
1.support latest DVD movies.
2.fix some bugs.
1.Add Apple Prores as output.
2.Support encoding to HEVC MKV.
3.Compatible with Sony/LG/Samsung/Panasonic TVs.
1.support encoding to .m3u8
2.support new DVD movies
3.fix some bugs
1. Correct DVD subtitle encode.
2. Fix some bugs.
1. Support latest movies.
2. Solve AVI audio encoding issue.
3. Fix some bugs.
1. fix the DVD Directly Copy issue;
2. improve srt subtitles extraction
3. support TrueHD audio
4. fix some bugs
1. Add H.264 baseline/main/high output profiles
2. Support H.265/HEVC decode
3. Support H.265/HEVC encode
1. Add profiles for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and Samsung Galaxy Note 4
2. fix some bugs
1. correct the title selection bug
2. modify the bus key issue
3. rename three products
* DVD Ripper --------> DVDAid
* DVD Ripper for Mac --------> DVDAid for Mac
* Free DVD Ripper --------> Free DVDAid
* Free DVD Ripper for Mac --------> Free DVDAid for Mac
* Blu-ray Ripper --------> BDMagic
* Blu-ray Ripper for Mac --------> BDMagic for Mac
1. Support latest DVD
2. windows install package with digital signature
3. Fixed some known bugs
1. New features
* Added bug report feature. (Help> Bug Report)
* Optimized video codec for Kindle Fire formats
* Removed the feature to estimate output file size
* Choosing main title for DVD by default/ full disc copying without choosing root title manually.
* Fixed some known bugs
3. User Interface changes
* Removed angle option
* Removed 3D effects from Video Editor Window
1. Support adding *.srt and *.ass subtitle
2. Direct copy titles from DVD
3. Support latest DVD
4. Fixed video-audio sync issues
5. Supports latest Blu-ray discs
6. Fixed the main title detecting issues for DVDs
7. Add more output formats for Mobile Devices
1. Removed file mode
2. Changed default output name to "disc name_titlexxxx"
3. Removed Streaming Server
4. Other operational functionalities optimization, such as seek, interlace detecting, etc.
1. Optimized Main Interface color
2. Added "Get Starting" notification at program starting
3. Removed Angle selection
4. Removed CUDA/AMD icon from main interface
5. Optimized trial notice window while clicking Convert button
1. Other bugs fixing
- Updated DVD importer.
- Better media player for previewing.
- Added ISO image file or disc burning feature.
- Include 18 new profiles for Android and Windows 8 tablets.
- Fixed some bugs on DVD burning.
- Fixed the improper processing of Crop feature.
- Some other bug fixes and spell-checking.
- Added optional DVD import mode.
- Changed Apple TV .mp4 profiles to .m4v.
- Fixed some bugs.
- Added Apply to All option to Crop feature.
- Fixed some bugs.