Pavtube BDMagic for Mac is a user-friendly and handy tool for Mac OS users to backup Blu-ray/DVD, convert Blu-ray ISO, and edit DVD IFO with simple operations. With Pavtube Mac BDMagic, you could easily copy BD/DVD by freeing from disks to computer hard drive and get prepared for movie storage and BD/DVD creation. After converting Blu-ray/DVD to MP4, M4V, MKV, MOV, and more, BDMagic for Mac allows you to watch the movies on computer, iOS/Android/Windows portable devices, HD media players, Game Consoles; and also edit in Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Final Cut Express, Avid. Finally, you could freely play and use Blu-ray/DVD movies anywhere and anytime you like.
More than Blu-ray/DVD disc supported, BD/DVD folder, BD ISO, DVD ISO/IFO can be easily loaded; more than 200 profiles are listed under the Format menu, including H.264 MP4, MKV, M4V, MOV, AVI, etc.
Frequently update of Format list with adding new smartphones and tablets to assure you to locate the optimized presets for the destination portable devices, media players, game consoles, or video editing software.
Convert 2D Blu-ray to 3D videos in various 3D effects (Side-by-Side, Top-Bottom, or Anaglyph) and formats (MKV, MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI) with HD quality preservation. 3D depth and video presets could be reset as you expect.
Convert 3D Blu-ray content for unlimited 3D movie enjoying. It provides the easiest way to make 3D movies playable on 3D devices.
Select the wanted audio language and subtitle track after loading the source movie for output. Tick off the "Forced subtitles" box if needed.
To get better movie playback on your devices, free to trim a short clip out of original movie, crop black bars from images, insert external SRT.ASS/SSA subtitles, add video effects and more.
You are allowed to optionally set video and audio parameters to achieve the best video and audio enjoyment during playback. You could customize video codec, video display ratio, frame rate, bitrate, etc.
Q: My widescreen movies (16x9) aren't staying widescreen after conversion. I don't want the video to be stretched and made taller. What can I do?
A: Simply click 'Settings' button and set the Video Size to 1920*1080 or 1280*720 before converting the movie.
Q:I want to use your Pavtube to rip my blu-ray disc, but I have no external blu-ray drive.
Can you recommend me an external blu-ray drive for Mac or Windows?
A: Yes. We would like to recommend you several Mac or Windows compatible external blu-ray drives available from Amazon.
For Mac external blu-ray drive recommendation please see here.
For Windows external blu-ray drive recommendation please see here.
Q: How to play the ripped Blu-ray M2TS files after I choose "Directly Copy" format and get M2TS file?
A: VLC player and KMplayer can play M2TS file.
Q: Can I copy the whole DVD into a Video_TS folder? Which profile should I choose?
A: One click on the Disk Copy button is all you need to copy the DVD into standard Video_TS folder. The entire content on the DVD will be copied to your hard drive in the shortest time with this option.
Q: I am trying to backup my blu-ray disc to hard drive. What format should I choose to maintain best quality?
A: You are suggested to try Disk Copy button. It enables you to back up the disc bit-to-bit with shortest time and flawless quality.
Q: I have just downloaded the new update for the software, do I need to uninstall my older version prior installing the new one or I just install the new application on top of the old one. Please advice.
A: You are encouraged to uninstall the older version in the first place. However, you might also install the new update on top of the older version.
Q: I have purchased the software but it won't take the code I have. What should I do?
A: Please remove the trial version and then download the retail version from your registration download link. Install the retail version, copy and paste your registration code to the register field. Notice that you should not leave any space before the code.
Q: How can I set the output file name?
A: Please find the column named 'Destination File' on file list. Double click the output name and then you can type in desired output file name.
Q: I'd like to eliminate black bars (edges) from the movie, what should I do?
A: Click 'Edit' button to enter into the edit panel and switch to the Crop tab, then just drag the dashed frame on the video screen of the original preview window to cut off the unwanted parts to get the right aspect ratio you need.
Q: A disk I was testing had over 100 files in the folder and it was a pain to just select the two files I wanted. Is there any way for me to uncheck all the files that are pre-selected?
A: Right-click on file list area to select "Check all" and "Uncheck all".
Q: I am trying to capture a still picture from a video clip to use as a song background. Is it possible?
A: Yes. You can double-click the file and preview it with the app, under the preview window there is a 'Snapshoot' button. Click the button when it plays to the frame you would like to capture. And you can locate the thumbnails by clicking the 'Open' button next to 'Snapshoot' button.
Q:Does the app work with PowerPC?
A: NO.Only Intel Processor is supported.
1. Optimize update module
2. Fixed some bugs
1. correct the title selection bug
2. modify the bus key issue
3. attach developer signature to Mac products
4. rename three products
* DVD Ripper --------> DVDAid
* DVD Ripper for Mac --------> DVDAid for Mac
* Free DVD Ripper --------> Free DVDAid
* Free DVD Ripper for Mac --------> Free DVDAid for Mac
* Blu-ray Ripper --------> BDMagic
* Blu-ray Ripper for Mac --------> BDMagic for Mac
1. Support latest BD and DVD
2. update Mac pkg and dmg install packages simultaneously
3. Fixed some known bugs
1. Fixed crash issue of Video Player Component on Mac 10.9
2. Fixed the crash issue of Video Editor Component on Mac 10.9
3. Fixed the issue that last location cannot be remembered
4. Corrected the default locations to the right directories instead of Document.
1. New features
* Added bug report feature. (Help> Bug Report)
* Added 3D profiles in Format menu. (Side-by-Side, Top-Bottom, or Anaglyph 3D in MKV/MP4/MOV/WMV/AVI)
* Optimized video codec for Kindle Fire formats
* Removed the feature to estimate output file size
* Choosing main title for DVD/BD by default/ full disc copying without choosing root title manually.
* Fixed some known bugs
3. User Interface changes
* Removed angle option
* Removed 3D effects from Video Editor Window
1. Support adding *.srt and *.ass subtitle
2. Direct copy titles from BD and DVD
3. Support latest BD and DVD
1. Removed file mode
2. Changed default output name to "disc name_titlexxxx"
3. Removed Streaming Server
4. Other operational functionalities optimization, such as seek, interlace detecting, etc.
1. Optimized Main Interface color
2. Added "Get Starting" notification at program starting
3. Removed Angle selection
4. Removed CUDA/AMD icon from main interface
5. Optimized trial notice window while clicking Convert button
1. Added video bit rate options for Avid DNxHD format
2. Other bugs fixing
Fixed video-audio sync issues
Supports latest Blu-ray discs
Fixed the main title detecting issues for DVDs
Add more output formats for Mobile Devices
- Improved stability and optimized media player.
- Enhanced DVD loading and analyzing process.
- Fixed crashing issues on OS X 10.5.
- Added 16 new profiles for recent devices and HD media players.
- Fixed some bugs.
- Fixed the improper processing of Crop feature.
- Some other bug fixes and spell-checking.
- Added optional DVD import mode.
- Changed Apple TV .mp4 profiles to .m4v.
- Added XDCAM EX, XDCAM HD, and XDCAM HD422 profiles.
- Fixed some bugs.