Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac is more than just a converter. It comprises a video converter, blu-ray ripper and dvd ripper to process Blu-ray, DVD and videos. This feature-rick Mac video converter toolbox can not only copy 2D BD, 3D BD and standard DVD with original structure, and convert all BD/DVD collection to virtually any video and audio format for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android, Windows Phones, PSP, PS3, and other devices. This total BD/DVD/Video converter can also transcode between virtually all video and audio formats and add practical video editing functions to export media files playable on Ios, Android, Windows, game consoles, etc.
Convert all BD/DVD collection and SD/HD video to optimized format and play on iOS, Android, Windows, game consoles, etc.
Compatible with Blu-ray, DVD, and all popular video types and include more than 200 formats as output.
Various devices and players can be found in software supported formats, including iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S, iPad Air, iPad Mini 2, PSP, PS3, PS4, Apple TV, Amazon Kindle Fire HDX, Xbox 360, Samsung, Android phones, etc.
To acquire watchable movies and videos on target smartphones, tablets, media players, and more, freely adjust parameters settings including video codes, video size, bitrate, frame rate, etc.
Full disc copy with BD/DVD structure and all audio/subtitle tracks preserved
Save a 100% BD M2TS/ DVD VOB movie without extras.
Easily create 3D movies from 2D Blu-ray/DVD with abundant 3D effects: Side by Side, Anaglyph, Top/Bottom.
Convert 3D Blu-ray to 3D MKV, 3D MP4, 3D AVI, 3D WMV, etc. for various 3D TV and players. The 3D Depth of output 3D movies could be adjusted from 20 to 100 for more vivid 3D effect.
Cut off unwanted commercials from source video or part of the BD/DVD movies; crop the black bars and adjust the play fields.
Split a large video into several smaller files in average especially for Android; combine more than one video footage into one large file with natural transition.
Attach SRT, ASS, or SSA subtitles into original video to create the personal movie for watching.
Adjust volume, brightness, saturation, resolution or apply artistic visual effects to movies.
Q: I have tried to install the latest version of "iMedia Converter for Mac" to my iMac G5 24inch/2.4GHz Core2Duo (4GB memory) OSX 10.5.8/Japanese, however the installer says something like:
The installer could not install some files in "/Applications". Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
How can I treat this?
A: Pavtube has been updated to support the coming Mac Mountain Lion system. This new pkg file may have problem to install on Mac OSX 10.5.8. If you have this problem pls download the special installation file for Mac OSX 10.5.8 from below link.
Further question, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: I want to use your Pavtube to convert my blu-ray, but I have no external Blu-ray drive.
Can you recommend me an external Blu-ray drive for Mac or Windows?
A: Yes. We would like to recommend you several Mac or Windows compatible external Blu-ray drives available from Amazon.
For Mac external Blu-ray drive recommendation please see here.
For Windows external Blu-ray drive recommendation please see here.
Q: I just purchased Pavtube (so I have the latest version). I am using it to convert my camera video files into a format that is compatible with Final Cut Pro for video editing. But none of the FCP formats seem to work. The conversion takes place but I only get an audio file and no video. Final Cut Pro (nor any other program) cannot open these files. Converting the video files to other formats i.e. Quicktime HD, works perfectly well, but none of the "Final Cut Pro" presets do. Is there something I'm missing or is there a bug in the program?
A: To convert correctly with Final Cut Pro output formats it is required your computer must be installed with FCP, otherwise there will only be audio without video in the generated file.
Q: Trying to convert MXF files from Canon XF300, the below error messages come up.
"There are 1 MXF files without source audio files. Please put the relative source audio files to the same directory with the MXF videos, or to the relative Audio folder, and import the MXF video files again.The mentioned MXF video files: If the converted files are abnormalities of voice sound , please contact the customer support."
There are no more files that I can add and all files are in teh same directory with mxf same results with no sound form hard disk after import through canon xf utility or straight from CF card.
A: This problem has been fixed in latest release on March 19, 2012，pls make sure you are using the latest version. If not, pls download the update from your pavtube account or contact email@example.com for a download link of update.
Q: My videos were recorded by my HD camcorder, there are many stripes and noises on the picture after conversion, why should this happen?
A: Some footages are taken under interlacing mode, and this lead to stripes and lines on the screen. To eliminate the lines, you may follow 'Edit' menu-> 'Effect' tab and check 'Deinterlacing' box before conversion. As to the noise, when you apply the special effect mode "Simple Gauss Blur" from the drop-down list, the noise will be reduced greatly.
Q: My widescreen movies (16x9) aren't staying widescreen after conversion. I don't want the video to be stretched and made taller. What can I do?
A: Click 'Settings' button and set the Video Size to 1920*1080/ 1280*720/ 960*540 etc before converting the movie.
Q: How to play the ripped Blu-ray M2TS files after I choose "Directly Copy" format and get M2TS file?
A: VLC player and KMplayer can play M2TS file.
Q: Can I copy the whole DVD into a Video_TS folder? Which profile should I choose?
A: One click on the Disk Copy button is all you need to copy the DVD into standard Video_TS folder. The entire content on the DVD will be copied to your hard drive in the shortest time with this option.
Q: I am trying to backup my blu-ray disc to hard drive. What format should I choose to maintain best quality?
A: You are suggested to try Disk Copy button. It enables you to back up the disc bit-to-bit with shortest time and flawless quality.
Q: I have just downloaded the new update for the software, do I need to uninstall my older version prior installing the new one or I just install the new application on top of the old one. Please advice.
A: You are encouraged to uninstall the older version in the first place. However, you might also install the new update on top of the older version.
Q: I have purchased the software but it won't take the code I have. What should I do?
A: Please remove the trial version and then download the retail version from your registration download link. Install the retail version, copy and paste your registration code to the register field. Notice that you should not leave any space before the code.
Q: How can I set the output file name?
A: Please find the column named 'Destination File' on file list. Double click the output name and then you can type in desired output file name.
Q: I'd like to eliminate black bars (edges) from the movie, what should I do?
A: Click 'Edit' button to enter into the edit panel and switch to the Crop tab, then just drag the dashed frame on the video screen of the original preview window to cut off the unwanted parts to get the right aspect ratio you need.
Q: A disk I was testing had over 100 files in the folder and it was a pain to just select the two files I wanted. Is there any way for me to uncheck all the files that are pre-selected?
A: Right-click on file list area to select "Check all" and "Uncheck all". Or check/ uncheck the small box in file information bar (next to "Name")
Q: I am trying to capture a still picture from a video clip to use as a song background. Is it possible?
A: Yes. You can double-click the file and preview it with the app, under the preview window there is a 'Snapshoot' button. Click the button when it plays to the frame you would like to capture. And you can locate the thumbnails by clicking the 'Open' button next to 'Snapshoot' button.
1. Optimize update module
2. Fixed some bugs
1. correct the title selection bug
2. modify the bus key issue
3. attach developer signature to Mac products
4. rename three products
* DVD Ripper --------> DVDAid
* DVD Ripper for Mac --------> DVDAid for Mac
* Free DVD Ripper --------> Free DVDAid
* Free DVD Ripper for Mac --------> Free DVDAid for Mac
* Blu-ray Ripper --------> BDMagic
* Blu-ray Ripper for Mac --------> BDMagic for Mac
1. Support latest BD and DVD
2. update Mac pkg and dmg install packages simultaneously
3. Fixed some known bugs
1. Fixed crash issue of Video Player Component on Mac 10.9
2. Fixed the crash issue of Video Editor Component on Mac 10.9
3. Fixed the issue that last location cannot be remembered
4. Corrected the default locations to the right directories instead of Document.
1. New features
* Added bug report feature. (Help> Bug Report)
* Added 3D profiles in Format menu. (Side-by-Side, Top-Bottom, or Anaglyph 3D in MKV/MP4/MOV/WMV/AVI)
* Optimized video codec for Kindle Fire formats
* Removed the feature to estimate output file size
* Choosing main title for DVD/BD by default/ full disc copying without choosing root title manually.
* Fixed some known bugs
3. User Interface changes
* Removed angle option
* Removed 3D effects from Video Editor Window
1. Support adding *.srt and *.ass subtitle
2. Direct copy titles from BD and DVD
3. Support latest BD and DVD
4. Support Fraps AVI videos
5. Support XAVC MXF files
1. Removed file mode
2. Changed default output name to "disc name_titlexxxx"
3. Removed Streaming Server
4. Other operational functionalities optimization, such as seek, interlace detecting, etc.
1. Optimized Main Interface color
2. Added "Get Starting" notification at program starting
3. Removed Angle selection
4. Removed CUDA/AMD icon from main interface
5. Optimized trial notice window while clicking Convert button
1. Added video bit rate options for Avid DNxHD format
2. Other bugs fixing
Fixed video-audio sync issues
Supports latest Blu-ray discs
Fixed the main title detecting issues for DVDs
Add more output formats for Mobile Devices
- Fixed improper conversion issue with Kindle Fire profile.
- Fixed failure for importing certain MOD files.
- Fixed preview and conversion error with MKV files containing 10-bit subtitles
- Fixed some freezing and crashing issues with Panasonic P2 MXF files.
- Included Pavtube Streaming Server as a new feature.
- Improved stability and optimized media player.
- Enhanced DVD loading and analyzing process.
- Fixed crashing issues on OS X 10.5.
- Fixed some bugs.
- Added 16 new profiles for recent devices and HD media players.
- Fixed BDMV import failure that occurs with OS X 10.8. Users now can import AVCHD folder to the software by drag and drop operation.
- Fixed BD ISO import failure when loading from remote address.
- Fixed malfunction issues with Blu-ray forced subtitles.
- Some other bugs fixed.
- Fixed the improper processing of Crop feature.
- Some other bug fixes and spell-checking.