Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac is an intuitive and insanely fast BD/DVD copying and converting tool. With it, you can effortlessly achieve all your multimedia demands on Mac and enjoy Blu-ray/DVD movies anywhere and anytime you like. ByteCopy for Mac can be used as movie backup tool which can lossless backup BD/DVD to MKV with all languages and subtitles, but also encode source movie to multi-track MP4, MOV, and Apple ProRes MOV for FCP X, smartphones, tablets, HD media players, game consoles, and more. You can keep original video quality and meanwhile convert the TrueHD audio to Dolby Digital 5.1 audio when/if your device does not support 7.1 channels, or shrink the BD contents to videos with lower bitrate to ensure they are played properly on a slow computer or older media player. Plus, this app adds same advanced encoders like Apple Intermediate Codec, ProRes and DNxHD, allowing you to convert Blu-ray/DVD to seamlessly fit iMovie, iDVD, Final Cut Pro X, etc.
1.When ripping/converting Blu-ray using Final Cut Pro oriented format templates(e.g. Apple Prores), please ensure that your computer has Final Cut Pro installed, otherwise the converted files will have audio only without image.
2.If you are using FCP X, please make sure you have installed ProApps QuickTime Codecs, or you may get files with sound only without video.
With its advanced techniques and frequent updates, almost all Blu-ray and DVD movies can be easily converted to suit your needs for entertainment.
Rip or backup Blu-ray/DVD disc to H.265/HEVC codec for better storage, playback and online streaming.
Freely convert BD/DVD disc, BD/DVD folder, BD/DVD ISO, DVD IFO to MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI, M4V, and any other video and audio formats you like.
Create 3D videos out of source 2D Blu-rays/DVDs to enable users watch movies in 3D on any 3D devices with ease.
Rip 3D Blu-ray to movies in 3D MKV, 3D MP4, 3D AVI, 3D WMV, etc. for various 3D TV and players.
Compress a Blu-ray or DVD to MKV, MP4, MOV, Apple ProRes MOV with multiple languages and subtitles for free switch during playback.
Clone Blu-ray and DVD from physical disc to computer with original structure in 1:1 without any quality loss including all audio streams, subtitle tracks and chapter info.
Leave out extras but preserve a complete BD M2TS or DVD VOB movie from original movie and include same audio and subtitle content.
Easily adjust video codec, video bitrate, display ratio, frame rate and other settings to get best video/audio quality.
With the built-in video editor, you are able to create personal movie by trimming part of whole movie, cropping black bars, inserting SRT subtitles, adding watermarks and special video effects.
Free to choose subtitles/audio track, output destination, and rename file on software main interface with one click.
Q: What are the restrictions of Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac trial version?
A: a. The "Lossless" output format can be used 7 times only. b. When transcoding Blu-ray contents with "HD Player" or customized format, watermark will be put on the screen of generated videos.
Q: I want to use your Pavtube to rip my blu-ray disc, but I have no external blu-ray drive.
Can you recommend me an external blu-ray drive for Mac or Windows?
A: Yes. We would like to recommend you several Mac or Windows compatible external blu-ray drives available from Amazon.
For Mac external blu-ray drive recommendation please see here.
For Windows external blu-ray drive recommendation please see here.
Q: I don't like to select audio track and subtitles for each BD/DVD. Can I set it once and for all?
A: Yes. You can set audio and subtitle languages that you always like to keep in Preference screen. Follow "Tools" menu-> "Preference"-> "Audio"/ "Subtitle" tab to set desired languages, and the software will remember you settings.
Q: Does the software preserve chapters' information?
A: Yes. Each title and chapter is preserved in the way they are created into Blu-ray Disc/DVD.
Q: Does Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac support CUDA?
A: Not yet.
Q: Where can I find additional help?
A: For all other concerns or specific questions not addressed in this FAQ, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.Support for Mac OS X El Capitan
2.Fix some bugs
1.Support encoding to HEVC MKV.
2.Compatible with Sony/LG/Samsung/Panasonic TVs.
1.optimize Lossless MKV backup for VC-1 encoded Blu-ray.
2.support new Blu-ray movies.
3.fix some bugs.
1.support new Blu-ray movies.
2.fix some bugs.
1.improve 3D Blu-ray copy ability.
2.modify Lossless MKV output.
3.modify Blu-ray ISO decoding error.
4.support new Blu-ray movies.
5.fix some bugs.
1.support encoding to .m3u8
2.support new Blu-ray/DVD movies
3.fix some bugs
1. Supported to encode H.265/HEVC codec
2. Optimize coding parameters
3. Fix some bugs
1. Add profiles for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and Samsung Galaxy Note 4
2. fix some bugs
1. Optimize update module
2. Fixed some bugs
1. correct the title selection bug
2. modify the bus key issue
3. attach developer signature to Mac products
4. rename three products
* DVD Ripper --------> DVDAid
* DVD Ripper for Mac --------> DVDAid for Mac
* Free DVD Ripper --------> Free DVDAid
* Free DVD Ripper for Mac --------> Free DVDAid for Mac
* Blu-ray Ripper --------> BDMagic
* Blu-ray Ripper for Mac --------> BDMagic for Mac
1. Support latest BD and DVD
2. update Mac pkg and dmg install packages simultaneously
3. Fixed some known bugs
1. Fixed crash issue of Video Player Component on Mac 10.9
2. Fixed the crash issue of Video Editor Component on Mac 10.9
3. Fixed the issue that last location cannot be remembered
4. Corrected the default locations to the right directories instead of Document.
1. New features
* Added bug report feature. (Help> Bug Report)
* Added 3D profiles in Format menu. (Side-by-Side, Top-Bottom, or Anaglyph 3D in MKV/MP4/MOV/WMV/AVI)
* Added chapter marker feature for multi-track MP4
* Optimized video codec for Kindle Fire formats
* Removed the feature to estimate output file size
* Choosing main title for DVD/BD by default/ full disc copying without choosing root title manually.
* Fixed the audio language error for multi-track MP4/MOV output.
* Refined deinterlacing for multi-track formats
* Fixed some known bugs
3. User Interface changes
* Removed angle option
* Removed 3D effects from Video Editor Window
1. Support lossless multi-track output in MKV
2. Support encoded multi-track output in MKV, MP4 and MOV
3. Support all output formats that Blu-ray Ripper supports
4. Added editing options like merge, split, trim, crop, volume adjusting, etc.
5. Support adding *.srt and *.ass subtitle
6. Direct copy titles from BD and DVD
7. Support latest BD and DVD
1. Changed default output name to "disc name_titlexxxx"
2. Other operational functionalities optimization
1. Program interface is totally changed
2. Added "Get Starting" notification at program starting
1. Other bugs fixing
- Applied updated DTS decoder.
- Now supports loading folder and ISO files by drag-and-drop operation.
- Optimized the process of disc ejecting.
- Fixed some bugs.
- Added support to movies in Chinese file name.
- Fixed some bugs.
- Added AVI 5.1 format for PS3 streaming.
- Added 16:9, 4:3 and 16:10 aspect ratio options to Crop feature.
- Fixed some bugs.
- Added batch conversion facility.
- Fixed some bugs.
- Added “Export HD Player” output option.
- Updated to support preserving forced subtitles in the output files.
- Added the simplified Chinese as optional language for user interface.
- Fixed some bugs.