Can you upload video to Instagram from computer?
Version 4.1 of Instagram introduced an important feature: the ability to import videos stored in your phone’s library. This means that you can publish photos or video clips on Instagram that have been previously edited on your computer. But unfortunately, there’s no Instagram for computer app available that would make it easy to upload videos and use the app’s filters on your PC or Mac. Despite requests from many users for the ability to upload videos to Instagram from computers, Instagram offers no such feature.
Apps to upload video on Instagram from computer
The good news is that there are still some workarounds coming from various tech-savvys.
– BlueStacks App Player: a phone emulator which can downloaded and installed on your computer. Once it’s installed and running, search for “Instagram” using the app’s search interface and install it on your computer. Instagram typically will run, allowing you to see videos that other people have uploaded, but you’ll still need to install a media uploader in order to upload your videos to Instagram. An example of such a program is Media Sync, but problems have been reported with that too.
– Gramblr: A Windows only uploader that is simpler to install and use, While Gramblr is supposed to be compatible with Macs, it’s had a lot of compatibility issues on the Apple side of things. And even on the PC, side there are challenges — you have to fork over your Instagram password, for example, since it uses Instagram’s API.
– Email: The lowest-tech solution, just email the photo you want to share on Instagram to yourself, then access that email on your mobile phone and fire up Instagram.
– Dropbox: the free cloud-based storage app, and upload your video to Dropbox. Then go to your phone or tablet and access your free area on Dropbox, find the videos you want to share, and share them on Instagram. This option doesn’t give you access to Instagram’s filters for those videos, but does at least let you share them on Instagram.
– Other Instagram apps for computer: instagram for PC or Instagrille
– Instagram for mobile phone: To get Instagram for your mobile phone, visit the iTunes App store (for iPhones) or the Google Play store (for Android phones).
Instagram video uploading tips:
How long a video can put on Instagram?
Instagram videos can only be 15 seconds long, so unless your clip is already within that time limit, you may need to crop it down. At the bottom of your screen, you’ll see two horizontal strips. The top one is a blue sliding bar, while the lower one is a videostrip of your entire clip.
How do you trim a video on Instagram?
Instagram lets you trim down video clips. After you load a video, hit Next. Then use the slider to shorten the video to the length you want. Move the video timeline underneath the slider to indicate exactly which part of the video you want to crop down to.
Best video settings for Instagram uploading
Size: maximum width 1080 pixels (any height)
Frame Rate: 29.96 frames per second
Codec: H.264 codec / MP4
Bit rate: 3,500 kbps video bitrate
Audio: AAC audio codec at 44.1 kHz mono
Upload unsupported video to Instragram
If you plan to upload some video with Instagram incompatible codec, resolution, frame rate, bit rate, etc? You can use a powerful video conversion app such as Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate for Windows/Mac (best video converter ultimate review) which not only asssit you to convert any media source including Blu-ray/DVD or unsupported digital file formats such as 4K H.265/HEVC, XAVC/XAVC S, Prores, MXF, MP4, VOB, MKV, FLV, AVI, Tivo, etc to Instagram best comaptible file formats. In addition, you can easily get Instagram best compatile uploading settings listed above by flexibly adjusting the output profile parameters.
Edit video before uploading to Instagram
With the beneficial video editing function in the program, you can do some simple video editing task before shareing video on Instagram. You can trim or cut video to remove unwanted parts or segments, merge separate video clips into one, split large video into small parts by file size, length or count, add video/image/transparent text watermark to video, apply special rendering effect, etc.