DJI has unveiled the Spark drone for a few month, the smallest model the popular Chinese dronemaker has released to date. Now, while the Spark is great at hovering in one place indoors due to its small size, more and more people like to record their birthday party or weddings to keep the happy time with this popular drone. DJI claims that Spark's camera can shoot 12 megapixel photos and record 1080p high-def videos at 30fps and 24Mbps. Although the footage from DJI Spark has lower resolution and bitrate/ frame rate than other DJI drones, which support 4K capture and higher video parameters, playing and editing HD, Full HD videos from Spark is still a difficult task. The best solution to this issue is to get a Spark Video converter to convert Spark video to a decent format you want. In this post, we will focus on introducing the best Spark video converter for Mac and detailed guide of how to encode Spark videos easily.
Why need a Spark Video Converter to encode Spark videos?
For Mac users, it would be a good idea to turn the Spark video clips into more attractive ones for sharing or burning to DVD with the help of iMovie or Final Cut Pro X. The problem is that Spark records MP4 videos while MP4 is an ideal video format for playback but it's not ideal for editing in NLE system.
What's more, HD, Full HD videos from Spark is less compressed or uncompressed, that will end up with a large file size which will occupy a lot of space when storing them on your smartphone or tablet. Also, all video sharing websites like Vimeo, YouTube have limits for uploading large videos. But with a best Spark video converter, 1080p/ HD videos from DJI Spark can be easily converted to solve these issues once and for all.
Find the Best Spark Video Converter for Mac
According to our test and users' review on various forums, here we'd like to recommend the best Spark Video Converter for Mac--- Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac ( Review) to help you. This program keeps constant update with perfect support for the new macOS 10.13, macOS X El Capitan and macOS Sierra, etc. It also provides an equivalent version for Windows: Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate. We rank this software as the best Spark Video Converter for many reasons, including:
- User-friendly interface & Easy operation
- Provide 30X faster encoding speed by taking advantage of the NVIDIA CUDA technology and AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) using H.264 and H.265 codec.
- Convert multiple Spark videos at once with batch conversion.
- Encode Spark Video to any video and audio format like AVI, WMV, MP4, MKV, MOV, M4V, VOB, DV, ASF, MPG, MP3, M4A, AAC, etc. for palyback on various portable device and media player, such as iPhone, iPad, Samsung smartphone, Windows Media Player, QuickTime media player, etc.
- To acquire perfect playback effect on target smartphones, tablets, media players, etc. you can freely adjust parameters settings including video codes, video size, bitrate, frame rate, etc.
- Convert 1080p Spark Video to 720p for smaller video size, then you can save more space for your smartphone or tablet when watching on them.
- Various practical editing functions, such as trim, split, crop, add watermark and so on. For example, if your want to remove a few clips in your Spark video, you can use "trim" option to remove unwanted part quickly. Or merging several Spark video clips into one video is also very cool.
- Able to read footage from Spark, Canon, Nikon, Sony, Pansonic, etc. And then output decent video format for further editing in Nonlinear Editor, including FCP, iMovie, Premiere Pro, etc.
- Free lifetime technical support and upgrade service are available for every user.
With this best Spark video converter for Mac, you can enjoy, edit and share your Spark videos wherever you like.
How to Encode Spark Videos with the best Spark Video Converter on Mac?
Step 1. Load Spark Video files
Launch this best Video converter on your Mac. Click "Add Video" or directly drag and drop the Spark video file into the software.This Mac version software also supports batch conversion to encode your Spark Videos.
Step 2. Select output format
Click on "Format" bar, and you can freely select output format from its drop-down list. You can choose H.264 MP4 from "Common Video" or "HD Video" for common portable device and media players. If your media player or devices support HEVC codec, convert Spark video to H.265 MP4 will also be available. For further editing in NLE system, just go to "Final Cut Pro" "Avid Media Composer" or "iMovie and Final Cut Express" categories to choose the video formats you need.
This Spark video converter also allows you to choose format device. For example, if you want to convert videos to iPhone, you can simply go to "iPhone" category to select specific iPhone model.
Step 3: Customize Spark Videos
As we mentioned above, this Spark Video Converter provides a built-in video editor. You are allowed to adjust video and audio parameters if you are not satisfied with the default settings. Presets like size, bitrate, frame rate, audio channels, etc. can be customized in your own way.
Click "Edit" button on the main interface to open the "Video Editor" window. Here, you can trim, crop, add subtitle, add watermark, replace/mute audio, adjust aspect ratio, adjust volume, rotate, flip, add special effect to video.
Step 4: Start encoding Spark Videos
Click "Convert" button to start converting Spark video. When the conversion process is finished, you can locate the generated video files in output folder. Then you can play, upload and share the Spark Videos wherever you like.
Tips: How to transfer Spark Footage to Computer?
1. Transfer using a card reader
As the media of your Spark are usually recorded internally to a microSD card, therefore, the best simple way to move Spark video to computer is to using a card reader, just take off the microSD card from your Spark camera, insert into your card reader with a USB jack, then plug the card reader into your computer's USB port, when your computer detects the card reader, then you can simply transfer the video files from the card to your computer.
2. Transfer through a miscroSD adapter
It is well known that some computer requires the adapter to read a microSD card, if there is not one with your Spark microSD card, you can buy an additional adapter for plug the adapter with the microSD card to your computer's microSD card slot.
3. Wirelessly transfer Spark video to computer
What a hassle to constantly pull the microSD card from your DJI Spark camera and then plug it into your computer. You can also transfer wi-fi based DJI Spark video to computer.