Playing video on Android is not that easy due to the poor media compatibility of the built-in video player app in Android smartphone or tablets. Thanks to the more open ecosystem feature of Android, you can easily replace the equipped video player with a variety of easy to use, good performance and also feature advanced video players. Feel hard to pick the best Android video player among so many choices, never mind, just have a glance at the 10 best video player for Android we have collected for you in the following article.
Best Video Player for Android
NO 1: BSPlayer
The BSPlayer is an ad-supported video player, the full version has no advertisements with added functionality is available on Google Play. Main features of BSPlayer:
– Android 6.0 compatibility
– multi-core (dual and quad-core) HW decoding support – significantly improves playback speed
– background playback in popup window (long tap on button Back to playback video and audio in popup video)
– hardware accelerated video playback – increases speed and reduces battery consumption*
– Multiple audio streams and subtitles.
– Playlist support and various playback modes.
– External and embedded subtitles ssa/ass, srt, sub. txt…
– Find subtitles automatically (mobile data or wi-fi must be enabled to work)
– Playback media files such as videos and mp3’s directly via Wi-Fi from your network shared drives/folders (such as external USB drives, Samba (SMB/CIFS) shared drives, PC shared folders, NAS servers (Synology and others)) – no need to convert video files and copy media files to SD card anymore!
– Playback files directly from uncompressed RAR files
– Lock screen to prevent accidental change of videos (children lock)
– support for USB OTG (On-The-Go) for example: Nexus media importer, USB OTG Helper, USB Host Controller… and much more!
No 2: MXPlayer
MX player is also a free ad-supported android video player available in the PlayStore. The ads will get disappeared when you upgraded for Pro version by paying $6 (Worth for upgrading). This MX Player allows you to play videos HD movies in the android tab without going anywhere!
Features of MXPlayer
– Great playback, MX player is the Top line one among the best video player for android which can play any video format that you threw to your smartphone.
– Network streaming is supported which makes it stands first.
– Great onscreen control feature makes it top. ex: Long press to Zoom while playing videos.
– Best audio boost among all best video player for android.
– Almost all the Subtitles are supported which makes it premium.
– Need to Download the Manual Codec for some kind of video playbacks like Videos with DTS Audio.etc
No 3: VLC for Android
VLC is an all in one video player that supports all types of video format. VLC Media Player is a highly preferred video player for Android devices. The app supports – auto-rotation, aspect ratio adjustments and a few gestures to control volume and brightness. VLC is designed to play just about any file format out of the box, from ubiquitous mp3 and mp4 files to more unusual formats such as mkv and flac. VLC video player supports all video format and all subtitles.
Features of VLC video player
– Support for multi-track audio and subtitles.
– Plays most video and audio codecs.
– Onscreen lock for accidental pause or stop a video from playing.
– Vastly popular and trusted brand on Android.
– Onscreen controls like Brightness, volume.etc
– Hardware decoding on most devices.
No 4: GPlayer
G Player is one of best video player for android which you must install in your android mobile. It is one of advanced video player for android by which you can watch videos in floating mode and G Player for android also gives you option to theme video player according to your taste. Free version of G Player has all required features but you can buy its pro version to get ad free interface.
Features of G Player:
Supports most of video extensions like avi, mp4 etc.
Can be used as online player to stream online videos.
Supports ARMv5 and ARMv6 both.
No 5: MoboPlayer
MoboPlayer allows you to watch videos on phone without conversion, anytime and anywhere. MoboPlayer can dynamically linked to FFmpeg shared library, which was compiled to contain LGPL decoders and splitters only. Source codes can be downloaded from our website.
An established Android favorite, MoboPlayer supports a variety of video file formats, including ones that your device might not normally support, through the use of software decoding. Support for multiple audio tracks, subtitles (and multiple onscreen subtitles), media streaming, a library management mode with a cover flow view are among the many welcome features. A floating window mode allows you to keep a video window floating atop your other apps while working, texting or calling.
Mobo player supports:
All video formats (need to choose “software decoding” mode in most cases)
Popular subtitle formats such as SRT, ASS, and SAA
Subtitles built in MKV, MPV, MOV, and others
Multi-audio streams and multi-subtitles
Playlists and continuous play on same type files
Videos streamed through HTTP, RTSP protocols
Media libraries and sort videos by type
Thumbnail displays of videos
No 6: KMPlayer
KMP is a versatile multi media player which can cover a various different types of contained formats.
Without any separate Codec, you are able to play any media files because KMP has its’ own internal Codec. Supported Codec are separated by internal & external. For the sound Codec, KMPlayer supports MPEG1, 2, AAC, WMA 7, 8, OGG & etc. and it additionally supports matrix function/normalizer function when internal sound Codec is being used. Internal Codec gets processed inside of KMPlayer so it’s faster & safer. Also KMPlayer supports all the Codec from ffdshow and it additionally supports MPEG1/2. If you’re a user who finds it inconvenient to install Codec, who has a low CPU computer and/or a user who strives for an excellent multi-media playback player, you’ll be able to modify your environment to a convenient multi-media format by using KMP.
No 7: DicePlayer
Another great Android video player which let make your overall video playback experience better and Smoother. Dice Player is best droid video player and Suites great for MKV video formats. Great for Low-end smartphones. Which is considered as best for Multitasking.
Features of Dice Player:
Supports all Video formats and Subtitles.
Fits perfectly for low-end smartphones.
Hardware acceleration for Smooth video playback.
Basic video player for Android with well designed and great functions.
POP-UP tray for seamless Multitasking. ( Best feature )
The pop-up can be re-sized or moved anywhere over the Screen while running any other app.
No 8: mVideo Player
mVideo Player is one of best video player and my favourite too. Moreover, design of this video player is far better than other video player which you can get currently. Moreover, if you likes to watch videos with subtitle support, then mVideo Player is best video player for your android mobile now.
Features of mVideo Player
– Supports high quality videos.
– Supports subtitles
– Creation of playlist is also supported
No 9: Kodi
Kodi is a media center application that allows you to view your various video and audio files quickly. The interface is beautiful, but it’s also designed for larger screens like tablets and Android TV devices so it may not be great on your phone. As a media player, it works as expected, although you may need to find something more powerful if you use unique codecs. It’s completely free which is always nice and has no advertising. Kodi is a great option for anyone with a bigger screen and they really want to see it work for them.
No 10: Allcast
Allcast is a video player that specializes in sending your locally stored content to your Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox 360/One, and other DLNA compliant devices. Along with videos, it also supports other types of media. It has a bit of a rough start, but has quickly become one of the most stable casting apps out there. The free version has a five minute limit for content while the pro version has no limitations. You can also turn your Android device into an AllCast receiver with the Allcast Receiver app.
Even above listed free Android video player apps can ehance your media entertainment on Android phone and tablet to another high level with perfect media compatibility and beneficial playback features, however, you may still fail to play commercial Blu-ray or DVD disc or fail to open certain media formats including H.265/HEVC, MXF, XAVC/XAVC S, Prores, etc files on Android video players or suffer other video playback issues like video lagging, freezing or no audio, etc. When in that condition, a powerful media conversion app like Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate (best video converter review) will do you a great favor to rip and convert all the unsupported file formats to your desired file formats. In addition, you can also use the program to compress high resolution 4K video to 1080p or 1080p to 720p to fix video playback lagging, choppy or freezing issue.
For your great convenience, the program is available on both Windows and Mac, you can download the Mac version Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac to perform the uncomaptible media conversion process on Mac OS X El Capitan or macOS Sierra.