Have recorded some HD footage with the format of AVCHD MTS/M2TS, MXF, XAVC/XAVC S, Tivo, etc with your Sony/Canon/Panasonic/DJI/Samsung camera/camcorder or download some online HD video movies or TV shows and wish to transfer and play them on your iPhone, iPad on the mov or stream to your large screen HD TV via Apple TV but often encounter format incompatible issues? To fix this issue, you will need to convert the HD video to a more device compatible file format such as MP4. The following part will illustrate this issue in-depth in the following 4 parts:
1. MP4 is much small in file size than other HD format. To preserve the full quality, HD video is less compressed or uncompressed and therefore will end up with a large file size which will consume a lot of space when storing them on your smartphone or tablets. The MP4 adopts higher degree of compression to produce a small file size with good file quality, so that save a lot of space when storing the MP4 files on your portable devices.
2. MP4 is widely compatible with various portable devices. Although the HD video recorded by camera/camcorder or downloaded from online sites are all offer great quality, however, as our devices lacks the built-in hardware or software to decode those formats, therefore, to make all those recognized by our devices, it would be a good option to convert them to MP4, which get wide format compatibility on iPhone, iPad, Android phone/tablets, TVs, game consoles, etc.
3. MP4 consumes less MB and easily uploaded. It's likely that we will share our great recording work with people around the world. However, the original HD video will consume more MB and thus cost us more money. The small file size MP4 file will benefit us a lot to reduce a lot of cost.
When searching online, you will find that there are many programs on Mac can do the HD to MP4 conversion job for you and even including some online converters. However, you may find that a lot of them can't satisfy your great demands. To help you out of confusion, we have summarized the following 5 important criterions for you as a reference:
- Input support for all HD video formats
- Output MP4 in various different file types
- Generate multiple different device preset profile MP4 file types
- Advanced profile settings to better control output file quality
- Simple video editing tool to get the exact video you want without applying any third-party application.
- Support the new Mac operation system
Based on above listed standards, we finally settled on Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac (review). The program keeps constant update with perfect support for the new Mac OS X El Capitan and macOS Sierra. It has full support for all HD media types including HD Blu-ray, HD DVD, AVCHD MTS/M2TS, XAVC/XAVC S, MXF, H.265, H.264, HD AVI, HD WMV, HD MP4, HD MPEG-1, HD MPEG-2, HD MKV, HD MOV, Tivo, TOD, MOD, etc. You can generate MP4 in various different file types including MPEG-4 MP4, H.264 Baseline Profile MP4, H.264 Main Profile MP4, H.264 High Profile MP4, H.265 MP4, MPEG-4 HD MP4, H.264 HD MP4, H.265 HD MP4, 3D SBS/TAB/Anaglyph MP4 and also popular devices like iPhone/iPad/Apple TV/Android phone/tablet/TVs/game consoles preset MP4 files for satisfy your different media entertainment need.
Besides that, the program also enables to your flexibly adjust the output MP4 profile parameters such as video codec, bit rate, frame rate, resolution, audio codec, bit rate, sample rate and channels to get better output video and audio quality. The built-in full video editing package enables you to complete some simple video editing tasks on the MP4 video by trimming video length, cropping video file size, merging separate video into one, splitting large video into small clips, deinterlacing interlaced video into progressive form, changing video output aspect ratio, removing/replacing audio in video or adding external subtitle to MP4 video.