Trim video segments without re-encode
Want to trim out a funny part of a YouTube video? Or just cut out the shaky or useless parts of a Camcorder video to save space on your hard drive? There are many video cutter tools on the market can do the video trimming or cutting work for you, however, for people who care much about video quality, cutting video without re-encoding would be much preferred by most users:
1. Hello guys, I have some video files of different formats(H264,mp4) and sizes all i want to do is just trim some parts of the clip and save as it is...(without changing its formats and size etc)it seems very simple unfortunately most of the software like Premiere pro etc not able to do this..have to go through all the rendering stuff etc.
2. I've seen a number of threads about cutting or trimming files, but suppose I have an hour long video, and I just want to extract a 30 second section of that video into a new file, but without any reencoding? Is it possible, and what is the best tool in your experience for it? The reason I want to do this is to avoid having to make duplicate copies of full video files just to use a tiny portion of them in another project.
Best simple tool to trim/cut video without quality loss
After a lot of online searching and testing, we finally settled on Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate (video converter ultimate review), the program differentiates itself from many video trimmer application on the market with the following distinctive functions and features:
- You can import virtually any file formats (H.265/HEVC, XAVC/XAVC S, MXF, AVCHD, Prores are also included) with the file resolution of 4K/2K/1080P/720P/HD/SD to the program for video trimming or cutting.
- Cut/Trim copy & region codec protected Blu-ray/DVD disc
- Trim a video clip easily and quickly
- Trim video without re-encoding, the program enables you to save the original video file as it is without all the profile parameters (video codec, resolution, bit rate, frame rate, audio codec, sample rate, bit rate, channels, etc) unchanged expect the video file length
- With the program, you can also do other simple video editing work such as merging separate video clips into one, cropping black bars around the video frame, splitting large video files into small parts, adding transparent text watermark to video, adjusting video color brightness, contrast, saturation, inserting external subtitles to video, removing audio in video or replace audio in video
How to Trim/Cut/Extract Video Segments without Re-Encoding?
Step 1: Input video files into the program.
Start this video cutter application on your computer, on the main interface, click the "Add Video" or "Add from folder" button to load source video files into the program. The program supports batch conversion mode, you can load multiple files to convert at one time.
Step 2: Save the video as the original file format.
To trim or cut video without re-encoding or quality loss, you can choose to save the video as the original file format with all the output profile parameters unchanged. For example, if the original file format is QuickTime MOV video, just select to output the same format as it is.
Step 3: Trim/Merge/Crop/Watermark/Subtitle video.
Trim: Open “Video Editor” window and switch to the “Trim” tab, you can drag the slider bars to include the segment you want to remain, click the left square bracket to set start point, and click the right square bracket to set end point when previewing the video or directly input specific values to “Start” and “End” box.
Merge: On the main interface, check "" option to combine all your separate video clips into one single file.
Split: On the main interrface, click the "Split" button " under file list to launch the "Video Split" window. Checking "Enable" to enable it, and then you can split the file by file count, time length, or file size.
For other video editing functions, please visit video editing guide for Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate.
Step 4: Start the video trimming/cutting process.
Clicking the right-bottom "Convert" button on main interface, you can go to Conversion window to start conversion. You can find conversion information on the window, such as Time elapsed, Time left, Generated size, and Estimated size.
After the conversion, you can click "Open Output Folder" to pop output directory with the files with just you wanted parts or segments.