Dropbox deliveries a pretty simple, convenient and safe way to store, sync and share all your file types including documents, music, photos, internet downloads, etc. For high definition movie fans, you will definitely own large collection of Blu-ray movies, to make room for your shelves and also enjoy those Blu-ray movies on the go, it is an ideal choice for you to upload Blu-ray movies to Dropbox for backup or later sharing.
The biggest problem here is that Dropbox does not support Blu-ray disc format, in addition, commercial Blu-ray movies usually have copy protection which prevents users to perform a copy of backup of the original disc. Fortunately, your problem can be simply solved with just a Blu-ray ripping tool - Pavtube BDMagic (Get Mac version), which not only help legally remove the copy protection from Blu-ray disc, but also convert your Blu-ray movies to Dropbox recognizable video file formats: AVI, WMV, MP4, MOV, FLV, VOB, MKV, MPG, MPEG, M4V, DV, MTS, M2TS, TS, 3GP, 3GPP, 3GPP2.
How to rip and upload Blu-ray movies to Dropbox on Windows and Mac?
Step 1: Load Blu-ray disc movies.
Insert the Blu-ray disc to your Blu-ray disc drive, click "Load disc" button to add Blu-ray movies to the program. Here you can load Blu-ray disc, BDMV folder or Blu-ray ISO image files.
Step 2: Define output file format.
From the drop-down box of "Format" bar, choose Dropbox readable format from "Common Video" profile list, here, you can choose to output "H.264 High Profile Video (*.mp4)" file format. You can also choose to rip Blu-ray to WD Mycloud for backup and storage.
Step 3: Trim Blu-ray movies.
If you are using a free Dropbox account, you will be limited to upload video file size that no more than 2GB, to reduce output video file size, you can use the trim function equipped with the software to trim and convert only the parts that you like.
Step 4: Convert Blu-ray to Dropbox MP4 format.
After all settings is completed, press the right-bottom "Convert" button to rip/convert Blu-ray to Dropbox preferable format.
When the conversion is over, you can upload generated Blu-ray movies to Dropbox in the following the steps blow:
1. Install the Dropbox desktop application on your computer to help creates a new folder on your computer called Dropbox, drag and drop your files into the Dropbox folder.
3. Open and sign in to the Dropbox website.
4. Click the Upload button from the very top of the window.
5. A window will appear. Click the Choose File button and then select the file on your computer that you'd like to add to your Dropbox.
6. Choose as many files as you like, and then click the Start Upload button.
7. Your files will start uploading, and you'll be shown a progress indicator.