How do you play the 3D videos? With the 3D media player on PC? Most people choose to play the 3D videos on TV which has the wide screen. Mention the 3D videos to TV, one cable is necessary: 3D HDMI cable which can transfer the 3D video data. Skylake NUC is a good option which can be used as a HTPC. The full-size HDMI 1.4 port in the NUC can only support 4k resolutions at a maximum of 30 frames per second. When you select tomplay the 3D videos on TV with Skylake NUC, you can get these features:
- Compliant to DisplayPort Specification 1.2 for 1.62Gbps, 2.7Gbps and 5.4Gbps per lane. Effective (video) bandwidth 17.28Gbps
- Compliant to HDMI™ Specification 2.0, data rate up to 6Gbps per TMDS channel. Total throughput 18Gbps
- Supports full link training and no link training
- Repeater for HDCP 1.3 and HDCP 2.2
- 24-bit color and 4:4:4 color sampling
- Internal YCbCr 4:4:4 / 4:2:2 to YCbCr 4:2:0 conversion capability
- Supports UHD resolutions up to 3840 x 2160p @ 60Hz and 1080p 3D
How to Play the 3D Videos on TV with Skylake NUC
Task 1. Prepare the 3D videos
You can get the 3D video from the 3D video download websites which is free. If you don't want to wait for long time, you can try the 3D video conevrter: Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate which can help you to create the 3D library, in other words, you can get multiple 3D videos form the common 2D videos, 2D DVD and Blu-ray movies. You can get the 3D videos with 3D AVI, 3D MP4, 3D WMV, 3D MKV, etc, you also can create the 3D videos from the common 2D videos. With the advanced technology, you can choose different 3D video effect, like the 3D Side-by-Side, 3D Anaglyph, 3D Top-Bottom.
You not only can watch the 3D videos on TV, also can choose other VR headsets for playing, such as: Samsung Gear VR, PS VR, Freely VR, Homido VR, Oculus Rift DK2, Google Cardboard (1, 2), Zeiss VR One, Google Daydream, etc. You also can adjust the video aspect ratio for better, this software has the built-in video editor which can you can cut the video, split the video, add subtitles to video, replace music in video, etc.
Quick Guide: get 3D video with 3 clicks
1. Open this 3D video convreter and load the common videos, common DVD and Blu-ray discs to it.
2. Click Format and open the output video format list, here, you can choose any 3D video formats you like, such as: 3D MKV, 3D MP4, 3D MOV, 3D WMV, 3D AVI.
3. Click the Convert button to start the 3D video conversion.
Task 2. Install the Skylake NUC
1. Plugged it into Skylake i3 NUC that should support 4k @ 60 fps.
2. Connected a regular HDMI cable (no need for fancy HDMI 2.0 compatible cables, most of them work) between TV and the adapter.
That’s it. Easy to do. Then you can play the 3D videos on TV with Skylake NUC. Following we collect the popular 3D videos for you.
Avatar | Tangled | Hugo | A Very 3D Harold and Kumar Christmas | Drive Angry | A Christmas Carol