As the largest desktop NAS, Qnap TS-1635 is the best device: Intel Core CPU, 16 drive bays and integral 10-Gigabit (10GbE) data ports. When you get the prefect NAS, what will you do? Want to take full use of the Qnap TS-1635? From the online feeback, we find that most users like to copy DVD and Blu-ray to Qnap TS-1635, no doubt, you find the best place for you DVD and Blu-ray discs. You don't worry about the frail DVD and Blu-ray discs, large disc storage space, disc copy protection, etc. You also can save much money on the DVD and Blu-ray player. For some Qnap TS-1635 new beginners, we have written this guide and tell you 3 solutions to realize this great plan.
Preparatory Work: One DVD/Blu-ray copy software | DVD and Blu-ray discs | PC or Mac | Qnap TS-1635
Most user have multiple DVD and Blu-ray discs, one PC or Mac computer, you can buy one Qnap TS-1635 from Amazon. Final the DVD and Blu-ray copy software is a little difficult to fins, there are many tools on the matket/internet, wer have founs some perfect or popular DVD and Blu-ray software which attract most users' option, you can choose one and follow the steps to copy DVD and Blu-ray to Qnap TS-1635.
Popular DVD and Blu-ray Copy Software We Have Found
300+ video formats and comprehensive device preset are listed here: MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI, FLV. etc. iPad, iPhone, PS4 Pro, Apple TV, NLE software, etc. As the best DVD ripper, Blu-ray ripper, which can remove the most DVD and Blu-ray copy protection: CSS, UOPs, BD+, DVD and Blu-ray region code, etc. You also can copy the DVD/Blu-ray full disc, or choose the disc main title. Best of all, you can adjust the video parameters and edit the video with the built-in video editor. By the way, you can install this software on the latest Windows and macOS High Sierra.
Pros: Multiple video formats | Batch video convert | High speed --------- Cons: None So Far
No 2. Handbrake
Handbrake is a open source software which attractes many DVD and Blu-ray users, it’s totally free, you can load the DVDs, Blu-rays, and other popular video files to it and get the MP4 and MKV video files. Handbrake support the various video and audio codec: H.265 (x265 and QuickSync), H.264(x264 and QuickSync), H.265 MPEG-4 and AAC / HE-AAC, MP3, Flac, etc.
Pros: Free and Open source --------- Cons: Ca't remove the DVD/Blu-ray copy protection
No 3. MakeMKV
MakeMKV can convert DVD and Blu-ray to MKV video formats which can be supported by most media players and portable devices. MakeMKV is a professional Blu-ray ripper that you can convert Blu-ray and DVD to MKV with all the meta-data, chapters and so on. What’s more, MakeMKV can stream decrypted video without intermediate conversion to wide range of players.
Pros: Easy to use ---------- Cons: Only output MKV
Copy DVD/Blu-ray to QNAP TS-1635 with Fast Speed
Method 1: Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate
- Open this DVD/Blu-ray Ripper and drag the DVD and Blu-ray movie to this software
- Click Format button and choose the video formats you want: MP4, MOV, AVI , FLV, MKV, or you can choose the device preset: Apple TV 4K(best Apple TV 4K video converter), PS4, Android devices, NLE software, etc.
- Click Browse and choose the output video save location, then click Convert button to strat the video conversion.
Method 2: Handbrake
- Firstly, download and install HandBrake from here.
- Launch HandBrake. Select “Open Source” and select the file.
- Handbrake scans the video. After you’ve loaded the video click Browse and select the output file. You should choose mp4 in the output settings, then click the Video tab and move to the next step.
- Click the Start button to begin the process. Watch progress on the bottom of the screen. “Encode finished” indicates that your file is ready
Method 3: MakeMKV
- Launch MakeMKV, insert a DVD or Blu-ray disc in your PC drive
- Click the big button that looks like an optical drive. MakeMKV will read the disc, then display its contents
- You can click the disclosure triangle next to the disc, choose to exclude different parts of a disc, such as the main feature and bonuses, or different episodes for a TV series, exclude any audio and subtitle tracks you don’t need.
- Click the MakeMKV button, and wait for the app to create the file.
After you choose one DVD and Blu-ray copy software, finish the disc video conversion, get the digital DVD or Blu-ray movies, you can upload to the QNAP TS-1635 NAS for streaming on different devices you want to play videos on.