It may cost a tiny 35, but the Amazon Fire TV Stick is easily one of the best streaming dongles around. For under 50 it can make your dumb TV smart, and gives you access to everything from Netflix to Amazon Prime.
But there’s more to it than that. The Amazon Fire TV stick is also compatible with Kodi, open-source software that lets users stream even more content from the Internet, watch watch local media or even play games. Sounds good doesn’t it? Here’s how to install Kodi on your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
How to download Kodi to an Amazon Fire TV Stick
1. Uploading Kodi to your Fire TV Stick will give you a lot of extra content, as well as the ability to run interesting add-ons – and it only takes a few minutes to set up.
2. To start the process, users must first navigate to settings and then select Developer options. To use Kodi, you’ll need to make sure “Apps from Unknown Sources” is turned on.
3. Next, you’ll need a file management program. ES File Explorer is one of the best, so search for it in the Appstore before downloading it.
4. As well as being a great way to manage local files, ES File Explorer also makes it possible to easily download third-party content. Navigate to the left of the program to “Add’ and you’ll be presented with a box to fill in.
5. In the textbox marked “Path”, you need to enter the following download address for Kodi: http://kodi.tv/download. Then add the link to your favorites.
6. Clicking on the link once again will take you to the Kodi download page. The Fire Stick is most common on Android phones, so, after scrolling down to Android, be sure to download the ARM version of the software.
7. Once Kodi has been downloaded, click on the file and install it like any other Android app.
8. Kodi is now installed on your Fire Stick, but you’ll need go to Settings |Applications | Manage Installed Applications every time you want to use it. For an easier way of launching the open-source software, it’s worth downloading FireStarter, a launcher replacement for the Amazon dongle.
Kodi Supported File Formats and How to
Install and Setup Kodi on Windows
A Hassle Free Guide to Install Kodi on Android TV?
Stream Video from Kodi/XBMC to Chromecast
How to use QNAP NAS on TV Via HD Station and Kodi Application?
7 Essential Add-ons that you must download
for Kodi Media Player