Bought an Android TV-powered streamer or TV and want to access your Kodi (formerly XBMC) content on it? We guide you through the process.
Kodi is a fantastic way to stream content to your TV from a computer or phone, and using Google’s Android TV is an excellent way to turn your “dumb” TV “smart”,
While streaming Kodi to Chromecast is a little tricky, getting Kodi onto your Nexus Player, Nvidia Shield TV or Android TV-enabled Sony, Philip or Sharp TVs, is an absolute doddle. Here’s how you can get Kodi installed on your Android TV and start streaming your stored content onto the big screen.
Installing Kodi on Android TV
There are two ways to stream content from Kodi to Android TV. One way is to utilize its Chromecast functionality and stream Kodi via Chromecast. Here, I would like to recommend a hassle free way so that you don’t have to waste time trying to fiddle around with Chromecast.
Installing Kodi the incredibly easy way:
If you have problem to download Kodi from the Google Play Store, here’s another simple way to install it onto your Android TV device.
1. Go to Android TV’s “Settings” panel and scroll to “Security & Restrictions”.
2. Turn on “Unknown Sources” to allow for installation of apps outside of the Google Play Store.
3. Download Kodi app for Android from Kodi’s official page: http://kodi.tv/download – depending on your hardware, , you need to select either the ARM or x86 version.
4. Copy the downloaded .apk file to Google Drive or an external USB flash drive and plug it into your Android TV.
5. Navigate to where you saved the .apk file using or any other file management app.
6. Open the .apk file to install Kodi.
7. Once the file has finished transferring across to your device, you’ll be asked once again if you’d like to install Kodi. Select “Install”.
8. Kodi will install and work exactly as if it was downloaded from the Google Play Store.
9. Configure Kodi so you can see the content you have stored in the network.
How to Install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV?
Kodi Supported File Formats and How to Install and Setup Kodi on Windows
How to use QNAP NAS on TV Via HD Station and Kodi Application?
7 Essential Add-ons that you must download for Kodi Media Player