With iCloud Drive, you can safely store all your presentations, spreadsheets, PDFs, images, and any other kinds of files in iCloud - and access them from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC. When you sign up for iCloud, you automatically get 5 GB of free storage. If you run out of space, you can upgrade your storage by paying extra money.
Upload Blu-ray/DVD to iCloud Drive
It would be very easy to upload common digital video or audio file formats to iCloud drive since it has no specific requirement on the file types uploaded to it, however, it would be another story for uploading Blu-ray and DVD disc. The main reason is that stored purchased Blu-ray/DVD disc usually have copy and region protection, which will prevent you to make a copy or backup of the data on Blu-ray/DVD disc. To upload Blu-ray/DVD disc to iCloud Drive, you will first need to remove the protection first. There are many powerful disc decrypter software such as MakeMKV or DVDFab on the market, however, you may find that MakeMKV can only rip Blu-ray/DVD to a large MKV file, DVDFab lacks the beneficial Blu-ray/DVD video editing and customization function. After a detailed comparison and testing, we find that Pavtube ByteCopy for Windows/Mac can be your remarkable choice to backup Blu-ray/DVD to iCloud Drive in the following aspects:
- A combo tool with perfect support for both Blu-ray disc/BDMV fodler/ISO image and DVD disc/Video_TS folder/IFO/ISO image
- Upgrade with support for MKV61 to automatically bypass all copy and region protection on the recently released Blu-ray and DVD disc
- Full disc copy of Blu-ray/DVD in original file structure with all the subtitle languages, audio tracks, chapter information, etc well preserved for further disc burning
- Main movie copy of Blu-ray/DVD without unwanted comments, advertisements, etc for playing on media players
- Blu-ray/DVD to Lossless multi-track MKV backup with desired subtitle languages and audio tracks
- Output Blu-ray/DVD to popular video and audio file formats for accessing on different devices
- Directly output iPhone, iPad or iPod preset profile formats for direct viewing
- Set subtitles in ripping process to select desired subtitles, enable forced subtitles or add external subtitles to Blu-ray/DVD movies
- Merge Blu-ray/DVD chapters into one
- Split large Blu-ray/DVD titles into small clips or segments
- Trim/Crop/Watermark/Apply effect to Blu-ray/DVD video
How to Backup Blu-ray/DVD to iCloud Drive?
Step 1: Load Blu-ray/DVD disc with the program.
Insert DVD into your computer's optical DVD drive, for loading Blu-ray disc, you will need an external Blu-ray drive. The run the program on the computer, click "File" > "Load from disc" to load Blu-ray or DVD disc into the program. When both Blu-ray or DVD disc exists, the program will load DVD disc first.
Step 2: Different ways to copy Blu-ray/DVD to iCloud Drive.
Full disc copy
Make a full disc copy by hitting the icon on the top tool bar of the main interface.
Main movie copy
From "Format" bar, select "Copy" > "Direct Copy" to copy the main movie of the Blu-ray/DVD disc.
Lossless Multi-track MKV copy
Get a complete MKV output from Blu-ray/DVD by following "Multi-track Video" > "Lossless/encoded Multi-track MKV(*.mkv)".
Tips: You can also choose to output other popular file formats or device and programs preset profile formats according to your own needs.
Step 3: Start the conversion process.
Go back to the main interface, press right-bottom "Convert" button to start Blu-ray/DVD movie to iCloud drive copying or backup process.
When the conversion is completed, click "Open Output Folder" on the main interface to pop out the folder with converted files.
Then follow the steps in below article to upload video to iCloud Drive