When we want to transfer the videos, files, or other media, one memory stick is necessary which is also called as the flash drive, like the USB which is the best and portable memory stick, it's small and easy to take, use. We can save the files, folders, pictures, and even entire programs or operating systems to the memory stick. You just need to insert the USB to the Windows PC drive and copy the files from USB to PC or from PC to USB. Even though using the USB is easy to do, for some PC beginner or USB beginner, you can know the USB better in this post: How to use a memory stick on PC?
Using a Memory Stick on a PC
1. Locate your PC's USB port. USB ports are rectangular with a solid piece of plastic on the upper half of the slot and an empty space on the bottom. The port should have a graphic of three branching arrows pointing upward (or downward, depending on your PC) next to it.
Tip: If you're using a desktop, your USB ports are most likely integrated into the CPU, while laptop USB ports are usually on the left or right edges of the casing.
2. Plug your memory stick into the USB port. Make sure the solid piece on the inside of the memory stick's port is on the bottom when you plug it in.
3. Wait for the memory stick's interface to appear. This may take a few minutes if this is your first time installing this memory stick on your PC. If the memory stick doesn't automatically open, double-click "My Computer" and find your memory stick's name under the "Devices and drives" section. Double-click its name to open the memory stick window.
4. Select the files you would like to add to the memory stick. If your files are all in the same place, simply click and drag your cursor across your files until you've highlighted all of them.
5. If you don't want to save your files on your computer, just click-and-drag your selected files over to the memory stick window and drop them there
6. Wait for your files to finish transferring. Depending on the size of your files, adding them to the memory stick can take anywhere from a couple of seconds to hours.
7. Find the memory stick icon in the lower right-hand corner toolbar. This toolbar is in the same area as the clock. The icon resembles the outline of a memory stick with a check mark next to it, and it should produce the phrase "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" when you hover over it with your cursor.
Can You Put and Play Anything from USB Smoothly?
We can save most files to USB form the PC hard drive, sometimes, we can't play the fiels form USB well, what's happening? For example: We want to save the DVD or Blu-ray drives to USB, then when we insert the USB to TV or Mac, you can't see anything on the screen. Why? Most users ignore the video compatibility issue which will affect the video playback. Especially the DVD and Blu-ray discs or other complicated video files, you need to know the videos formats well.
You also need one video converter which can help you to get the desired video format. We recommend you Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate. This software works on the Windows and Mac OS well, including the latest Windows 10 and macOS High Sierra. You can get any video formats from the 300+ videos, like the MP4, MOV, AVI, MKV, H.265, H.264, etc. You even can get the 3D video from the common videos, DVD and Blu-ray movies. If you have 4K TV at home, your benefit is coming: You can get the 4K video with high video resolution too.
Best of all, this software provides the built-in video editor, you can split the video into some clips, cut or trim the video for smaller video size, you also can enjoy other video editing features. You can insert the USB to PC, and save the converted videos, DVD Movies to USB directly, this software can detect the USB drive automatically.
For DVD and Blu-ray fans, you can backup Blu-ray/DVD to USB Flash Drive smoothly, you can convert the DVD and Blu-ray to popular video formats, you also can copy the DVD and Blu-ray full disc which can keep all the disc content. For smaller video size, you can copy the DVD and Blu-ray main title too.
Quick Guide: Get Video for USB Flash Drive
1. Click "File" and open the output video list, then select "Add Video/Audio" or "Add from folder" to select the file you want to compress. You also can import the folder which holds many video files to this software and do the batch video conversion. You also can add the DVD and Blu-ray discs, disc images and folder to this software easily.
2. Click the Format button, you can choose one video format you want, like the MP4 video which is wide used. go to "Common Video", then select "H.264 Video(*.mp4). You also can choose other video formats, like the WMV, MOV, AVI as the output video format.
3. If necessary, you can click "Settings" button behind Format bar, to open "Profile Settings" window. Here, you are allowed to adjust various parameters like Resolution, Frame Rate, Bit Rate, etc.
4. You can take full use of the video editor and Trim / Crop / Split video, add subtitle to video, add the watermark to video or you can add new music to your video. You can edit the video for better uploading and attracting more viewers.
5. After the settings, adjustments are finished, you just need to press the Convert button boldly at the main interface, this video converter will finish all the tasks for you.
Do you now how to use the USB well? Hope this post is useful for you. When you meet any video issues, you can use above video converter and get the desired video format you want. Just enjoy the USB on PC!